Are you a faculty member or college administrator looking for Supervisor Information? 

This information applies to all students who desire to work on campus regardless of financial aid status.

Step 1: Find Available Positions and Apply

To find open positions, login to GettysburgWorks, the online repository for job and internship openings, including student employment on-campus. Follow the application directions listed. You may be asked to apply by coming to the department in person, sending an email, or using GettysburgWorks’ application tool.  Review the GettysburgWorks: Student Guide (pdf) for assistance.

Step 2: Know your Schedule and Skills

Student employees typically work less than 10 hours per week. Work schedules are usually created around academic class time, athletic practices, and co-curricular activity times. Many departments seek students with specific skills and availability. Know your academic, athletic and co-curricular schedule and be prepared to discuss your available work hours. Have a resume, a document describing your previous work, academic, and volunteer experience which will help you get noticed by employers. Dress appropriately for an interview and show enthusiasm and a willingness to work when discussing a job opportunity.

Step 3: Complete the Student Employment Packet

If you have been hired to work on campus during the academic year, you should receive a Student Employment Info Sheet from your hiring supervisor.  Bring that form to the Center for Career Development (53 W. Stevens Street - next door to the Department of Public Safety) and if necessary (see below) pick up a student employment packet.

If you have been hired to work on campus during the summer, your supervisor will need to complete a Summer Student Data Form and you should refer to the information below to determine if there is additional paperwork which you must complete.

New Employees: If you have not worked for the College in the past, in order to be entered into the payroll system you must submit student employment paperwork within the first three days of work, and you will need to present original identifying documentation (pdf)(examples include: passport, Social Security Card, state-issued drivers license) to complete the Federal I-9 Form.  Refer to this excerpt from the I-9 Form for information on what to do if you do not have the required document(s).  All forms can be obtained from the Center for Career Development.

Returning Employees: If you have worked for the College before, even if it was in a different department, there are no additional forms to complete -- unless your home address, tax information and/or banking information have changed. If any of that information has changed, you need to resubmit the tax and direct deposit forms. All forms can be obtained from the Center for Career Development.

Frequently Asked Questions